Whitecaps Game in Vancouver

Whitecaps v Quakes

Tyler Black via Compfight

Hello Bloggers,
Good to see your here again!
I am super happy you came back because today I’m posting about my trip with my soccer team to Vancouver. Yes, I am posting, my first post. If you read the About Me page on my blog, you would know that I’m on the competitive girls team.

A few weeks ago my soccer team and I went down to Vancouver for a day trip to the Whitecaps game. You may be wondering who the Whitecaps are. They are a professional soccer team that play in the MLS ( Major League Soccer). But it’s only in North America. We drove down to Nanaimo to catch a ferry. It was a hour and half long, and including loading and unloading it was two hours. On the ferry my team and I walked around and went to the café and to the store.

When we arrived at Horseshoe Bay we got on a bus that took us to Vancouver. On the whole bus ride there, my team and I were singing a hole bunch of different songs as loud as we could. When we got to the stadium we didn’t go in right away. At 1:00 a bunch of different games/events opened in the courtyard in front of the stadium, and there was even a live band. We played a fun, mini, different, kind of version, of soccer where we have harnesses on and are on the same line as one other person, so we have to decide together which way to go to get the ball. It’s kind of hard to explain so feel free to ask questions in the comments. We also got our faces painted, the design choices were really cool.

After that some volunteers had insta cameras and took some photos of my team and I. There were also some other events and games but I didn’t do them so I don’t remember what they were.
Then after a little while of doing all those games we took a fairly long walk down the streets of Vancouver. We met a group called the southsiders, then after about ten minutes of waiting the southsiders started marching down the street singing a few different songs about the Whitecaps. We followed behind signing and cheering all the way back to the stadium. Right when we got back we got in line to meet a Whitecaps player. I got a picture and an autograph. I got my autograph on my ipod but it rubbed off. Then after we all met the Whitecaps player, we started to head into the stadium.
~Kassidy∞

10 thoughts on “Whitecaps Game in Vancouver

1. Jim Stewart

Loved that blog Kass! Sounds like a wonderful experience, so cool to March with the Southsiders! Can’t wait to hear about the game and what went on inside the stadium!

Reply
    1. Kassidy

Hi Dad,
      Yes it was really fun. Glad your ecxtited for the secont part. Its coming soon, can’t wait to hear what you think about it.
      ~Kassidy

Reply
  2. Livea

Hi Kassidy,
    It sounds like you had a great time! I think its super cool you got to meet the White caps and get pictures and autographs with them. Who’s your favorite player? Or your favorite team? I don’t know much about soccer but I find it really interesting to watch on TV, so i’m sure it would be even better to watch it live! I’m really looking forward to reading your next post on the game.
    Have a good day!
    -Livea
    http://liveaz12.edublogs.org

Reply
    1. Kassidy

Hello Livea,
      Thank you so much for coming to my blog. My favorite team is the Canadian Women’s National Team. And my favorite player? Kadeisha Buchanan! She’s a very strong central defender.
      Come back again.☻
      ~Kassidy

Reply
        1. Kassidy

Hello Sapphire,
          Yes it was lots of fun! I would love to come and look at some of your posts, if you want to leave your blog address.
          ~Kassidy♥

Reply
  3. Eli

Hi Kassidy,
    I’ve been to a Whitecaps game, but I never met any players on their team. I think it’s cool that you went with your soccer team through the ferry and onto a bus to Vancouver. When I went to the Whitecaps game, they played Dallas FC. I was with my dad for my birthday and we got to sit in the front row. The game was really good, the Whitecaps won 2-0. The game was also exciting, except the guy sitting next to us was unfriendly and he didn’t like me. But whatever it’s not like I’ll ever see him again. After that game, we got to go to a Canucks game. It was super fun. Which Whitecaps players did you meet? Who did they play?
    ~Eli
    http://elibz12.edublogs.org/

Reply
    1. Kassidy

Hello Eil,
      Thanks for coming to my blog. Thats cool that you got to go to a canucks game right after! Since they won 2-0 it must of being a exciting game. The whitecaps player I got to meet was Brett Levis. The whitecaps played Colorado. I would tell you the score but i’ll save that for the second part of the story. Come back again!
      ~Kassidy

Reply
    1. Kassidy

Hello Carly,
      Thanks for coming to my blog. I love playing soccer. And yes it was a lot of fun too. My favorite player is Kadeisha Buchanan. I love her she is a strong defender and plays on the women’s canadian national team. Thanks again for coming to my blog.
      ~Kassidy♥

Reply